Throttle Body Help

Guys,
I need some guidance. My wife has a 4.3L Jimmy with a TBI. The engine is getting too much fuel. Runs rough and will not idle below 2.5K
RPM. I can get it to idle below 2K RPM if I unplug one injector. The plugs foul and soot pours out of the tailpipe. The injectors seem clear. I have looked for vacuum leaks around the TBI. What are your suggestions for my next step?
Mike
Scan it and look at the coolant temp sensor readings when warmed up if it still reads cold probably a bad sensor very common. Also make sure good vacuum to the map sensor.

-
Shep and Jim,
Thanks for the reply. I will try the coolant sensor this weekend.
Mike

Mike Oakley wrote:

Had a similar problem on a truck I used to own, found out that the thermostat was stuck open, so the engine wasn't heating up to proper operating temperature, so was running rich. Make sure your engine is heating up to operating temperature.

WHile this will cause it to be a bit richer than normal, it will not cause it to load up and smoke unless you have problems other that a bad T-stat. I recently bought my daughter a used car and it had had a a bad Tstat form some time. It ran fine though. The only noticable differenc in drivabilty with it was the tranny worked smooth because it heated up correctly when Tstat was replaced. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com
Guys,
Thanks for the help. When I got home last night, I checked Temp Sensor. When I unplugged the sensor, everything settled down. Thanks.
Mike

New Cat, old one is plugged up... my guess.

Slap,
Thanks for the reply, I pulled the Cat off a few weeks ago. It looks clear, rather, I can see through it.
Mike