Throttle Body Linkage

Ok, so I need to replace the TBI unit on my 89 s10 4.3 4x4. I can't seem to find anywhere describing how to remove the TV cable or Throttle cable. I'm sure it is easy enough, but both my shop manuals
just say "remove the linkage". Any help?? thanks
jiimi wrote:

pull it to make some slack then rotate the little pin crimped on the end of the cable to where the cable is lined up with the notch in the hole the pin fits in then it will slide out.
Is this not just mounted inside a bracket attached to the intake with a 10mm bolt? I think if you pull the bracket you can leave the linkage attached to the bracket also... This may not be the case but as I recall it's one bolt and the linkage is in a clip.
Thanks, Andrew.
On 24/02/08 9:32 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@d5g2000hsc.googlegroups.com, "jiimi"