ticking noise while driving

While driving my 85 chevy S10 Blazer I hear this constant ticking noise........ also at around 50 miles per hour on hard acceleration I get this rumble which sounds like it is in the tranny or something........ but
the car is driving fine otherwise with good acceleration..........
Check drive shaft u joints.

-
Per don:

If it's unrelated to the rumble, might be the speedo. I had something like that a couple times and it was something about how I reset the trip speedo - some little gear didn't engage/disengage fully. Pushing in the trip knob and giving it a twist made it go away.
--
PeteCresswell

Thanks - but I"m pretty sure it is more serious...... the rumble sounds mighty loud under heavy acceleration....