Tie rod boot question

Should I consider a cracked tie rod grease boot an issue? Truck is still inside the warranty the dealer gave me, a 90 day warranty. I'm thinking I'll take a closer look at it once the weather warms up some and then decide if I need them to replace it. A quick look today makes me suspicious that it's cracked.

Reply to
Mike Levy

If it is cracked, replace it and fill with proper grease or the joint will wear out quickly. John

Reply to
johnny

"Mike Levy" wrote

Yes, it's an issue. If it's an original GM part, you wont be able to just replace the boot, you will need to replace the tie rod. If you have warranty, get it done right away.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Aren't there aftermarket boots (and in different colors too) available from Energy Systems? Or do they only fit Moog?

Reply to
ken

When you replace it, go to Autozone and get a pack of polyurethane boots- about $5. They'll never crack like the rubber.

Reply to
burntkat

Reply to
Mike Levy