Tie rod boot question

Should I consider a cracked tie rod grease boot an issue? Truck is still inside the warranty the dealer gave me, a 90 day warranty. I'm thinking I'll take a closer look at it once the weather warms up some
and then decide if I need them to replace it. A quick look today makes me suspicious that it's cracked.
If it is cracked, replace it and fill with proper grease or the joint will wear out quickly. John

When you replace it, go to Autozone and get a pack of polyurethane boots- about $5. They'll never crack like the rubber.

Too cold for me to do it, plus the dealer should cover the repair under my 90 day warranty
On 12 Feb 2004 13:04:16 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

"Mike Levy" wrote

Yes, it's an issue. If it's an original GM part, you wont be able to just replace the boot, you will need to replace the tie rod. If you have warranty, get it done right away.
Ian
Aren't there aftermarket boots (and in different colors too) available from Energy Systems? Or do they only fit Moog?