Timing on a 1994 GMC K1500

On subject vehicle, 350 auto 4X4, where is the damned electronic spark timing (EST) connector? I want to check my timing and the "book" says there
a connector under or near the firewall relay cover. This connector is supposed to have a tan wire with a black stripe. I can't find the &*^%$ ing thing!! Any ideas as to where this connector may be? Thanks Andy
on my 92 , its on the firewall (passenger side) under a black plastic cover that comes off.

--
elbert.clarke@**us.army.mil
remove the ** to email

On my 94, it's below the jockey box, just in front of the heater box. Tim sends

I found it behind the glove box. Now, I have to see about getting a distributor wrench to loosen the bolt...couldn't get to it with anything I had. Regardless, the timing was a few degress below the 0 degress BTDC mark. Do you think that matters? Doesn't seem to affect driveability. Andy

Yes,
ON the fuel injected computer controlled engines you need to set the timing as it says on the "factory decal" What you are doing is setting the base timing. So whatever the base timting is set to the ECM adjusts from that. ITs important to set the base timeing according to the specification.

--
elbert.clarke@**us.army.mil
remove the ** to email