Timming 94 GM 5 Liter

The emisions sticker says to disconnect the timing plug. They said not to disconnect the 4 wire connector on the distibutor but did not say where thie timming plug is. Does anyone know where it is located?

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

The connector you are looking for is either on the passenger side right between the black heater box and dash (lower, under the glove box), or the other location depending on the year, is on the passenger side of the firewall, sometimes located under a black plastic cover. The connector wire is brown with a black tracer I believe.
Ian
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

On a 1994 full size, it is located right under the glove box. It is a single wire, brown with a black tracer, and a single black connector. You may have to remove it from the wire loom. Start the truck, disconnect this plug, time the truck to zero degrees. (personally, I time it to 1-2 degrees), then plug the connector back in. Done.