Tips for my Heater Core swap-out 98 Blazer ZR2

All,
I have started the "expletive" job of changing out my heater core as it is shot.
I have begun to pull the dash apart but do not know how far I have to go
before I actually get somewhere. I have the radio and heater controls off, as well as the passenger side air-bag. Can anybody who has done this offer some tips and/or input?
Thank you,
Brian
Tips for my Heater Core swap-out 98 Blazer ZR2 Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Mon, Oct 6, 2003, 8:56pm (CDT-1) From: snipped-for-privacy@usermail.com (Andy) All, I have started the "expletive" job of changing out my heater core as it is shot. I have begun to pull the dash apart but do not know how far I have to go before I actually get somewhere. I have the radio and heater controls off, as well as the passenger side air-bag. Can anybody who has done this offer some tips and/or input? Thank you, Brian
um well keep going when your dash is in the middle of the yard then your got some where...Have you ever done this sort of thing before????maybe you should buy a book on the truck....the heater core is easy but getting the dash back togeather if you have never done it before is total hellSometimes you can get it out by pulling the dash out half way but I have seen too may people mess something up i the process so i recommend pulling the whole thing..I hate doing them even when i get paid to do it good luck Steve

Thank you,
As of right now, I have everything unscrewed (that I can tell) and cannot get it out. I bought the Chilton's but that was a waste. Does the dash have to be lifted from the bottom?
Thank you,
Brian