tips n tricks

while rejetting my edelbrock carburetor i discovered the replacement needles and jets that come with the calibration kit are marked with a stamped number that is
so small it is practically impossible to read even with a magnifier glass. i started thinking about all the "CSI" episodes i watched and put my brain in forensic science mode, at which time i grabbed a Sharpie and painted over the numbers then wiped off the excess ink from the needle. I was now able to read the highly contrasted numbers stamped on the needles and jets. CSI would be proud........... -- Mad Dog

Atta boy!
Doc

Hell gettin' old ain't it? ;-) I USED to be able to read those now gotta look real close at my sockets :-( Larry

i would suggest you paint over them with a Sharpie and then wipe off the exess ;) i hear it works great.
--
Dennis
DJKdesigns

No... You just needs to buy some new sockets from sears...
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@1761982429.1088751471@@@@&BV_EngineID hiadclljddlllcehgcemgdffmdflk.0&vertical=TOOL&fromAuto=YES&bidsite=CRAFT&pid934122000
Dave

I've needed glasses for so long:
but the doctor says wait, because my eyes haven't become dystrophic enough yet?
What the hell do doctors know anyway?
They told me I would die in three years 11 years ago. So now I tell them the ghost is here for his appointment, asshole! they laugh.
Refinish King

That was very good thinking man. Alot of ppl wouldn't have even thought about that. I'll have to keep that in mind so if something ever comes up that small i will be able to read it :)
--
twins0203
My pecker has WTA tattooed to it:

I used to use "whiteout" for that... now i find a younger set of eyes to read stuff like that.. *groan*
Mac

Whiteout is for painting the timing marks on your flywheel...
Dan
--
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead.
Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow.

they have MARKS?? lol
yep.. done that a few times, too..
Mac
For less than ten dollars us old farts buy a desk light with a magnifier Great for metel and wood splinters and small print