Tips on removing emissions control on 87 Silverado.

I have a 1987 Chevy Silverado with 350 cid engine. I want to remove all of the emissions control equipment. Does anyone have any tips? How will this effect the way the engine runs? Will I have to replace any electronic parts
to make it run properly?

Removing the catalytic convertor is a violation of the clean air act. Leave it on.

Don't fuck with shit that you know nothing about.

This will change a whole bunch of shit.

Only if you want to keep you emissions controls.

Your ECM (computer) will have a shit fit if you yank all the emissions stuff. Unless you plan on getting a modded PROM that is "missing" the emissions portion of the programming, I wouldn't bother.
Doc
Once you start a project like that you can't half-ass it...... if the vehicle is fuel injected prepare to lay out the cash for a stand-alone fuel management computer and early non-computer controlled distributor. I would suggest a cost efficient remedy for your truck by investing in a aftermarket prom chip, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, injector and throttle body spacer, uncork the air-box, dual exhaust with low restriction cats and mufflers and ignition upgrades. I'm not sure why you wish to remove the emissions other than the obvious reasons like increased performance........
--
Mad-Dog
'79 Chevy K-10