Tire lettering in or out?

Page 1 of 2
I have a stupid question and will probably be flamed forever, but here goes. I am in the need for some tires and I plan to go with either the Dunlop M/Ts or the BFG M/Ts (285/75/R16) for my 2000 basically
stock silverado ext cab z71. I have in the past put the white tire lettering on the outside (visible) on other vehicles and it looked really sharp. Unfortunately, it was a smaller truck and the look seemed to 'fit.' So what do you guys do? White lettering in or out on your full size P/Us?
TIA, Derek

Which looks better to you?
My Isuzu Bighorn (Trooper in the USA, and yes I know it's not a chev, Does GM count?) has Goodyear Wrangler A/Ts with the white lettering out. soon to get Kumhos, also with the white lettering out.
rhys
All are welcome here. I have a GMC, Isuzu is a GM Product. Ford and Dodge owners are welcome here too. Cuz they really wanted a Chev/GMC (Why else would they be HERE) KenG
rnf2 wrote:

Does

i subscribed when my kid left me his lil blazer with a leaking remote oil filter... the folks here were so cool that i just sort of hang here for the general info... (a lot of the discussion in these groups is pretty generic)
Yes and no. Like there are some years I wouldn't buy a dodge, or ford, and since I like chevy I just put up with those problem years, before they adopted japanese quality control measures. Now I'd have to say, who's looks do you like? I think they all look the same now. :-)
~KJ~

soon

looks
As far as looks alone, the '94-'01 Dodge is my favorite followed by the '00 bodystyle Chevy/GMC and the Superduty Ford. The ugliest has to be the F-150 and the new Dodges followed by the new Chevy/GMC with those cute little slanted headlights. I imagine this will get a lot of shit rolling! <BG> A good friend of mine would not be seen in anything other than a Ford, most of my family drives Chevy and I have my Dodge. All have their good points and bad. All I can say is that they all come sucking up to me when it snows and I put the blade on!! <VBG>
Denny

and
'00
F-150
of
and
I like the old style ('85 to '90 square lights) Isuzu Bighorns (troopers in US), they have a nice solid square look, but aren't as big and overdone as the XXXL size USA trucks.
just my two pence
rhys

i've always like the older suburban.. when they were a truck, not an SUV... not the best looking thing around (we used to call them water buffalos) but they got the job done when a 4x4 pickup wouldn't carry what you needed and a station wagon couldn't handle the terrain..
I always wondered why the blazer didn't have a removable top (like a 75+ blazer) or even like a pre-75 blazer, from the windshield back.
~KJ~

ford,
they
most
and
in
as
On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 01:07:05 GMT, "KJ"
i've usually bought chevy truck, then a few japanese ones... the only brand specific shopping i did was for the dakota, since i wanted a mid-size...

And now you have a 'real' truck!! <VBG>
Denny

well, the last "real" truck i had was my 57 chevy stepside, but the ram's cool..

When I put the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's on my last truck I had them put on white lettering out.. There is a dodge (eww) that lives a few blocks from me with the same tires, and his are installed with the white lettering in.. I personally like the look of them out.. if yer gonna spend all that money on tires.. you mine as well let people know what you got.. lol :)
Adair
Myself, I like the white lettering in. I tend to go for the subtle look.
Denny

to each there own. i have my white lettering out so you can see it. truck is a 2000 z71 extended cab
red_z snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Charles H.) wrote in message

Do you have a pic? Since we have the same truck, that is probably what I am going to do.
Thanks, Derek
I've got 33" Dunlop's on my 1994 Silverado, white lettering out. -NW

If you want blackwall tires, that's what you should buy. White letter tires turned in, look goofy, IMO.
Dave
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:41:58 -0600, Dave Brower wrote:

Agreed. Doesn't the z71 sit pretty high above the tires? I think there's a good chance you'll be able to see lettering at one angle or another if you tuck 'em in.
My neighbor's z71 has white letters facing out.. it didn't strike me as unappealing.. but at the same time I often wear grey and brown to work, so whadda I know? :-)
-Steve