Tire Pressure

Hello, I have a 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 Z71. I recently purchased some new tires for my truck. My question is does anyone know what the recomended tire pressure is on a set of Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's LT285/75/16 D rated tires. Max tire pressure on sidewall states

65PSI. I went to Brtidestones web site and all they say is go with what the vehicle manufacturer recomends on the door. My problem is the stock tires were 265/75/16 and I went up in size to the 285's. I checked them today and they are at 44PSI (cold). I believe the sticker on the door of the truck says 35PSI. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Paul

Paul, anything between 35psi and 65psi cold will be fine. Use lower pressures for better traction and smoother ride, higher pressures for better mileage and heavy hauling/towing. Just make sure all 4 are the same.................

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

snipped-for-privacy@donisi2.com posted:

Both Bridgestone and GM have essentially said 35 lbs, (which would have been my choice too). I'm puzzled as to why you're having a hard time accepting that... are there people in here you think know more about tires, vehicles, and handling than GM and Bridgestone? Anyways, larger tires don't change normal pressure reqirements, they allow greater air volume. The reason for the higher max pressures are for when you max your load out (you might go to 40-45) plus a safety margin.

Reply to
Spike13

Have 2000 Silverado LT 5.3 ext cab 4x4

I run my Michelin 265 LT tires at 43 PSI.... cold

other wise they get too warm in summer...

Paul wrote:

Reply to
Dennis Mayer