tire sizing

I own a 1995 gmc 1/2 extended cab 4x4 and I am trying to find out if I can run a set of goodyear rt/s p 245/75r16 standard load range tires on this truck. It is mostly a highway use truck (my wife's) with occasional gravel road driving and towing a drift boat(row boat-no motor) once in a while, TPC #2317 ms, can any one help me out?

Reply to
fitz

I don't see why not. Seems to be right in the same size arena as stock.

Reply to
Kenner Costen

I believe the EOM tire was a P225/75R16 and that the P245/75R16 tire is an optional tire size that year. I couldn't tell you if there is a rim difference for the two tire sizes. I think that it should work OK on your rims though.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

I run 265/75r16 on my 92 K1500 and I believe 285 series works just as well also.

Reply to
Elbert

Reply to
Cary

On my stock rim, 88 GMC K1500 I run 305/70/16 (33 12.5 16) and they fit. And the speedo at 65 is off by 1/2 mile. Love radar speed signs in vegas.

Reply to
Kenner Costen