tire sizing

I own a 1995 gmc 1/2 extended cab 4x4 and I am trying to find out if I can run a set of goodyear rt/s p 245/75r16 standard load range tires on this truck. It is mostly a highway use truck (my wife's) with occasional gravel
road driving and towing a drift boat(row boat-no motor) once in a while, TPC #2317 ms, can any one help me out?
I don't see why not. Seems to be right in the same size arena as stock.

On my stock rim, 88 GMC K1500 I run 305/70/16 (33 12.5 16) and they fit. And the speedo at 65 is off by 1/2 mile. Love radar speed signs in vegas.

I believe the EOM tire was a P225/75R16 and that the P245/75R16 tire is an optional tire size that year. I couldn't tell you if there is a rim difference for the two tire sizes. I think that it should work OK on your rims though.
Brian
On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 10:09:28 -0400, "fitz"

I run 265/75r16 on my 92 K1500 and I believe 285 series works just as well also.
--
Elbert Clarke
elbert.clarke@**adelphia.net