Tires

I am using 265/75/16's.This is what the truck came with and calls for(1994 Silverado,K1500). I want to put on 285/75/16.How much will this change the accuracy of the
speedometer??? Also what can I do to correct it if it changes it??
Thank You Doug.
PS. These questions I ask might seem simple or stupid to you,but You have to learn somewhere and I can not think of a better place than this newsgroup.You guys seem very professional and really know your stuff!!!!
My hats off to you and the Group
http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit
check this site out and pluck in your tire sizes and it should give you what you need.

Doug wrote:

actual reported vehicle speed. The site where I got my info has been removed but you can do a search and find other sites. I have a 1995 K1500 & use 235/85R/16 tires & my speedo was about 6 mph off. Altering the VSSB by removing jumpers & installing 2, 7 position DIP switches allows corrections for most all tire & axle changes. After this mod, I used a GPS unit to verify speedo - it's now perfect.