Tires and 4X4

2001 Blazer.... Electronic 4X4.....
4X4 wouldn't work... Got new Tires... 4X4 Engages fine now....
Anyone have a clue?

Topprolmc wrote:

No answers???
--

"Peace Out!",
In Memory of Wench#10, Bitch#20, bs#34, HSB#10C And BOTY IV

Rusted wrote:

Considering the actuator sits on the front diff., they are a lot closer than your comparison.
--

"Peace Out!",
In Memory of Wench#10, Bitch#20, bs#34, HSB#10C And BOTY IV
When I change the light bulb in my bathroom I have to lean on the sink. :) Tires and 4x4 are not linked, but maybe the grease monkey that installed your tires noticed a vacuum hose that was not connected and was nice enough to plug it back it for you?

Rusted wrote:

Or, perhaps as I thought, the air hammer rattled free a stuck actuator?
--

"Peace Out!",
In Memory of Wench#10, Bitch#20, bs#34, HSB#10C And BOTY IV
Possible. But I would think that normal driving would rattle just as much as the impact gun. Either way if it works it works. Nothing like a new set of meats to make everything feel like it works better.

Rusted wrote:

Actually, it's possible that it could be related, "if" there was a large enough difference in circumference between the front and rear old tires that the poster had on. This will cause driveline windup that "can" make it very difficult to engage 4x4 and even more difficult to get to disengage.
Ian
Shock of impact wrench knocked loose rusted actuator?
says...