4X4 wouldn't work... Got new Tires...

4X4 Engages fine now....

Anyone have a clue?

Reply to
Topprolmc

No answers???

Reply to
Topprolmc

they are unrealated. it is like telling me that you replaced a burned out lightbulb, and now your sink drains now.

Reply to
Rusted

Considering the actuator sits on the front diff., they are a lot closer than your comparison.

Reply to
Topprolmc

When I change the light bulb in my bathroom I have to lean on the sink. :) Tires and 4x4 are not linked, but maybe the grease monkey that installed your tires noticed a vacuum hose that was not connected and was nice enough to plug it back it for you?

Reply to
Rusted

Or, perhaps as I thought, the air hammer rattled free a stuck actuator?

Reply to
Topprolmc

Possible. But I would think that normal driving would rattle just as much as the impact gun. Either way if it works it works. Nothing like a new set of meats to make everything feel like it works better.

Reply to
Rusted

Actually, it's possible that it could be related, "if" there was a large enough difference in circumference between the front and rear old tires that the poster had on. This will cause driveline windup that "can" make it very difficult to engage 4x4 and even more difficult to get to disengage.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Reply to