Tires and Wheels help

I have a 2002 Suburban 1500 4WD. How can I find out the max tire/wheel size without a lift kit or maybe a 3 inch suspension lift?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Mookie
http://www.dakotacustoms.com/tireguide.htm As a rule of thumb you really should go no higher than 7" total, Dana 44's or corporate 10 bolt axles are rated for a maximum tire size of 33". A lot of people use higher lifts and bigger tires, but if you have ever seen a wheel/tire break the axle you will realize why it's important to follow manufacturers guidelines. The majority of trucks i see with tires larger than 33" and huge lift kits would break if they tried to follow me thru the bog.
--
Mad Dog
79 Chevy Scottsdale

Matt McCarthy wrote:

That says 285/75-R16 is the biggest that will fit without a lift. That would be 11.5" x 33.1" tall on an 8" wide rim. I don't think that will fit on a stock wheel (because of the width). I really don't know if I can believe they wouldn't rub. That's fairly wide. Plus, I don't have 8" rims stock, and it would have cost me new rims!
The 255/85-R16 is 10" wide on a 7" rim, and 33.3" tall. (for BFGoodrich Muds anyhow). That's Taller, and narrower. So, it all depends on how you define the word "big." Ask Clinton? But, I put them on standard rims, and fit them on my truck just fine.
Matt McCarthy wrote:

I have 255/85R-16'BFGoodrich Mud Terrains on my 2003 1500K Silverado. That's 33.3 inch tall, 10 inch wide. That is the TALLEST tire that will fit without a lift. They look like they were made for the truck, and lifted the ride height up over 1.5" from standard height.
I can turn to full wheel stops, and go over big bumps, and they don't rub at all. But, that's because they are fairly narrow tires.
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/assets/pdf/mud_terrain_ta_km.pdf
I'm not sure how 2003 pickup compares to 2002 Suburban. But, I only know what worked for me.