top dead center sensor

need to know if my 89 suburban 1500 4x4 5.7 ltr has one?

Reply to
workerboy

never heard of one. Is it anything like a can of squelch, muffler fluid, that sort?

Reply to
burntkat

Per workerboy:

Could that be the same as the crank sensor that my '98 has?

Tells the 'puter where the crank is rotation-wise at any given moment.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

89 year truck does not have any such animal
Reply to
Elbert

good point. CPS, I know of. Just never heard it called a TDC Sensor, though of course that's what it'll tell you.

Nope- best of my knowledge, there wasn't one in 89

Reply to
burntkat

Is thew timing adjusted by rotating the distributor? Then shouldn't as crank position is detected by the distributor.

Reply to
Mike Powers

Reply to
David Johnson