top dead center sensor

need to know if my 89 suburban 1500 4x4 5.7 ltr has one?

never heard of one. Is it anything like a can of squelch, muffler fluid, that sort?
Per workerboy:

Could that be the same as the crank sensor that my '98 has?
Tells the 'puter where the crank is rotation-wise at any given moment.
--
PeteCresswell

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 14:17:53 -0700, "(PeteCresswell)"

89 year truck does not have any such animal
--
Elbert Clarke
elbert.clarke@**adelphia.net

Is thew timing adjusted by rotating the distributor? Then shouldn't as crank position is detected by the distributor.

Nope. Not even sure what a TDC sensor is unless you are refering to a crank sensor. You dont have one of them either.