Torque converter bolts

Hi, I am trying to swap a 4l60e from a 99 to a 97 model K1500. There is no torque converter cover on the 99 model. How do you revove the driveplate - torque converter bolts? Thanks, MB

Reply to
mburgaleta1

If it is a 4x4 version of automatic, it has a heavier case casting and a removable lower bellhousing that is also cast. There is no seprate removeable metal shield on front of tranny on that casting design. ALso I would not use a LD casting in place of the HD casting in a 4x4 because the HD casting is designed to take the counter torque of Tcase safely (it is about 40% stronger in rear housing area)

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Hey, The are both 4 x 4 extended cab trucks. The bell housing is desinged differently on each one though. No removable lower casting on the 99. The are the same style truck and everything else is identical. New style dustshield?? Thanks! Mike B

Reply to
mburgaleta1

Is the 99 a new style Silverado with a 4.8, 5.3 or 6.0? If so it will not bolt into 97 anyway.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

============== ============== take the starter off.........and the little plastic dust shield that's held on with 10mm bolts.

go through the starter hole.

~:~ marshmonster ~sips his crownroyal~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Reply to
mburgaleta1

Thanks Marshman

Reply to
mburgaleta1

make a new post.......AFTER you round out the convertor bolts....... and I'll tell you why you should have heated the heads with a torch first.

~~ oo L O

~:~ marsh ~sips his crownroyal~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster