Torsion bars

Alright, going to replace the idler arm, pitman arm, outer tie rod and relax the torsion bars on my 91 Silverado. To fit the tires (35's) I am going to
trim the fenders a bit.
What would be the best way to assure the bars are set the same? Should I back the bolts all the way out (or would that be a mistake?) and start from scratch? Or should I just release tension equally on both bolts? I do have doubts about both bars being equal (the truck is lifted) set right now. Any advice would be appreciated.
TIA Thom
Leave the 16 inch tires on and forget the 35's they willwear out transmissions drive trains brakes and everything else inbetween quicker.