torsion left

I just put 3/4 ton heavy duty leaf springs on my k1500,and i was wondering if i could raise the torsion bars an 1'' to 1 1/2 to match the back with out
screwing anything up.
"eagle0801" wrote

The front end will have to be re-aligned if you raise or lower the torsion bars.
Ian
HEY!! Good to see you back Dude! "JR

shiden_kai wrote:

"eagle0801 via CarKB.com" wrote

I have no idea...that will be up to you.
Ian
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 02:44:50 GMT, "eagle0801 via CarKB.com"

Not manditory. You will be close to suspension top though so hard may be harsh ans jerk on bumpy roads when suspension tops out. ALso bear in mind that you still have a weak rear axle and that if you try to use springs to fullest, you will overload rear axle assembly. BTW, if you have used the spring from a 88 thru 99 1500, they would have been stiffer as well and you could have simply added a leaf to original spring stack too. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Believe him on the topping out. We raise our front a couple a turns in the winter to help compensate for the plow. When we take the plow off it will top out going over hills...