Tow hitch

I have a 1991 S-10 blazer with a tow hitch on the bumper. Is it actually able to tow anything? It seems like it would pull the bumper off. I'm looking to tow a small utility trailer.

Depending on how much you should do fine if its not heavily loaded. However a reciever hitch is a cheap insurance policy for towing. you can have one put on your truck for 200 bucks and get stingers to level out your trailer to help it tow better.
just my .02
April Ann wrote:

    400 pounds toung weight, 1,500 trailer weight. That's about as much weight as I would tow with a S-10 even with a 2 inch reciver hitch.
    Toung weight is simple to understand. It is how much of the weight the hitch ball is supporting and transmitting to the frame. The rest of the weight will be carried by the trailers axle(s). Charles
April Ann wrote:

the weight is STAMPED into the BUMPER at the BALL

noone wrote: the weight is STAMPED into the BUMPER at the BALL. ------------------------------------- Yes, that's true, and I'm sure there was a time you could actually read it.
If your mind goes blank, don't forget to turn off the sound. *Catch You On The Flipside*