Towing a K5...best way?

Page 2 of 2
Damn that puppy is big. Think it still will fit in the back of a U-haul.

--
remove one of the @'s unless you are a spammer.
"Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote in message

It would fit inside a 8 foot wide box truck but the problem is how to you get out of it when you drive it in (I guess through rear window) and then you would have to crawl over it or under it to secure it in place. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
When I moved the car, I put old tires against the front. Parked car against them. Did not tie it down. Just drove like I was running out of gas. After all, it is not a race. If you have to, lift the back and partially put old tires under rear wheels.
--
remove one of the @'s unless you are a spammer.
"SnoMan" < snipped-for-privacy@snoman.com> wrote in message

You could do that but if you had to make a unplanned emergency manuver and the load shifted you could be a in a world on hurt. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
That would have to be a pretty darn big truck wouldn't you say?
I don't get your fuel estimate... Diesel is between unleaded regular and plus in price (around $3.05 / gallon) and I know a truck like you describe is going to get well under 10mpg.
~jp
Bill wrote:

way,
$50
The other aspect is the tie downs inside a "do it your self" moving truck wont hold a full size vehicle in place. As to loading and unloading, a flat bed tow truck will work, but by that time you could rent a truck and trailer. Some Budget rental trucks still have the cab over Isuzu trucks for local rentals. They get about 14 mpg on the highway, as opposed to the gas rigs getting about 7 mpg., will cruise 65 with no problem and have engine brakes, makes going down a grades a dream. Don't know why Budget quit buying them.
Whitelightning