towing question 2001 Tahoe 2WD or 4WD?

I have a 2001 Tahoe and I tow a horse trailer with a combined weight of around 5000 pounds. When I tow I use the "tow/haul" mode and my question is
should I use the 2 WD or Auto 4WD for towing on dry pavement. I drive in hilly country if that's a factor.
Thanks a lot!
Art
(Also, anyone got any good tire recommendations for the above setup? Thanks again!)
There is no need to tow in 4WD. All you will accomplish is unnecessary wear and tear on the drive line. Tow in 2WD and in Tow/Haul mode.

is
Thanks
"art" wrote

is
What does the owners manual say?
The less that you use Auto 4WD at "any" time, the better it will be for your transfer case. This way, when you really need 4x4 capabilities, it will be there. It goes without saying that there is no need for using the Auto4WD button when operating on dry pavement.
Ian
Ian, Thanks..........I looked at the owners manual but it said nothing about towing and 4WD. The manual talked about 4WD and about towing but not those two items together. Thanks for the info!!
Art