Trailblaze Rants and Raves?

The winter in New York made me feel like a smart guy for buying an 04 LT. It handles beautifully in the snow. Overall, this TB drives like a truck. The steering is a bit stiff, but it keeps
me alert (how's that for rationalization).
I only get about 12 mpg combined city and highway (2000 miles on the thing since November).
I get a little engine rattle upon acceleration, which bugs the hell out of me. Factory radio suits me well as I like loud music and would probably blow performance speakers (so far so good). Getting comfortable takes about a week of subtle power-seat adjustments. Turning ratio is a must for street parking and a great asset. Can't wait to tow 6000 lbs. Well, that's about it for now. It's not flashy. It's a small truck.
Later.
Use the next higher octane gas and see if the pinging goes away.

ASchamisso wrote:

Sounds good!
What motor do you have there, the 5.3?
The mpg thing sounds fairly low. Even my 6.0 gets around 16mpg.
Do you let it warm up a lot before it's driven? My mileage drops significantly. I haven't checked in a while, but at least 2mpg.
-marc