TRAILBLAZER

Thinking of buying one, any clues to how it handles or negative reviews?

Reply to
Raider MD

snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net posted:

I've got a 2003 LS, opt pkg #3.

Happy with engine, trans, brakes, & suspension.

Quality of fit & finish is very poor, super-cheesy dashboard, worst radio ever, steering ratio too slow.

Windshields have major distortion at L & R edges (last 6-7" or so, they're all like that), bad wind noise, and heater blower is obnoxiously loud.

Wouldn't buy another. In fact, I'm probably going to sell it to buy an Explorer XLT.

Reply to
Spike13

Reply to
Raider MD

Hi, I own a TB 2002 LT, built in August, bought in December. At present 27000 kms. Positive: powerful engine, rides great and smooth (even at very high speeds - I live in Germany), plenty of room for 4 passengers, overall good build-quality, reliable car. Great for towing. Negative: poor fuel economy at high speeds or tank too small (just as one sees it), loud wind noises of different intensity and frequencies. Troubles: blocked front wiper motor (exchanged at no costs) Recommandation: Yes, but don't pay too much.

Andreas

Reply to
A.Muewi

I've got an 03 TrailBlazer LS. Strange proportions. Steering wheel too far away/ peddles too close. Can't rest arm on door sill, don't have enough legroom (And I have long arms and only a 32" inseam!) As others have mentioned, bad wind noise. You'd think GM put the TrailBlazer/Envoy in production without anyone driving them.

Repairs: Properly set wipers, replace rear carpet, intermintent A/C, door window gaskets don't fit doorframe, (unfixable).

I'd suggest you look at the new Durango or Explorer.

Reply to
SPP1

Holy crap,

Thats what I HATED about by '96 Blazer. That's one of the reason's I finally sold it. It was hard to put into words but something was not right with the wheel/seat/pedal placement.

db

Can't rest arm on door sill, don't have enough legroom

Reply to
Døn ßailey

????? IMHO there's nothing wrong with the pedals / steering wheel position Fits both my wife and me perfectly. What kind of feet and arms have you got? Andreas

Reply to
A.Muewi

Regular size AFIK.

I also agree with the point about "no place to rest your elbow/arms". To reach the wheel, your arms are hanging in mid air.

db

Reply to
Døn ßailey

I have an 04 LT. It's got an adjustable driver-side seat. I must say, it took me a while to get comfortable but I did find the comfort zone. You can also get adjustable pedals on some models.

Having said that, maybe someone can help me:

Last night my driver side window-washer spray valve stopped working (passenger side works). It was great timing as I was driving home from NH in a dry, dirty snow storm.

Shouldn't happen on a new car. There was no blockage at the spount and opening the hood is useless as it is buried under plastic.

Also, although my engine performance is great, hear a distinct, yet subtle, engine rattle when I accelerate.

Is this just a Trailblazer quirk or might something be wrong?

Finally, to the person that's thinking about buying one, I live in NYC (one of the reasons I got a TB was for the weather, potholes and growing family--but the real benefit is the turning ration, which is excellent). To the point: Although I have 1500 miles on it since purchasing it new in November, I am getting about 12-mpg (split mileage city and highway-predominantly in 2WD).

Might be something to consider.

Best to all.

ASchamisso

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com posted:

First, I don't hear any rattle (or any other strange noises) when I accelerate ('03 TrailBlazer w/ 13,500 miles)

Second, 12 mpg would be kinda poor in the city, it's especially bad in mixed driving. I get in the low 15s in pure city driving and on my Christmas trip to FL, (from Det.), I averaged 21.1 mpg for the round trip.

Reply to
Spike13

Thanks for your comments.

Any advice re: my mileage and how to raise it?

Reply to
ASchamisso

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com posted:

I wish I did. All I can think of is perhaps your city is a lot more congested than mine. Since you mentioned you only had 1500 miles on your TB, I would expect (or hope) your mileage will improve as your engine breaks in.

Reply to
Spike13