TrailBlazer discharge

I am having low battery problems. My battery discharge rate is about 7.5 milliamperes after the modules power down. The engine alternator running voltage is
14.2 volts and seems ok. What is the acceptable battery discharge rate at rest on a 2002 LTZ TrailBlazer? Thanks!!

That is fine, at that rate it would take about 6 to 9 months (give or take depending on interally battery leakage) to kill battery. It takes a little power keep ECM and clock current memory wise and then there is wireless remote receiver too. All thing considered 7.5 milamps (or about 1/100 or a watt) it pretty good. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Actually more like 1/10 of a Watt (0.09 W at 12.0 V)....but still small.

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 05:23:40 GMT, "News Skimmer"

Your right I was off one decimal place. About 2.2 watt hours a day and a car battery depending on its size will store about 600 to a bit over 1000 watt hours when discharged at a very low rate so 2.2 watts a day is nothing unless you plan to let it sit more than 3 to 6 months at a time a lot without running or being recharged.. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Good news!! Any posibility of the many heavy electronic systems on the LTZ coming on and doing an increased drain and I havent caught them?

Not likely. Are you having problem with battery dying? ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Probably so.. Local Chevy dealer says the battery is ok.. also took it by Advance and they said it was ok too... Both had newer testers, no actual resistive load was used...I still believe the 1 year old battery is sick!! I will look at a longer term test. thank you

could always get a hydrometer and check the specific gravity of the battery--they're cheap
================ snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net wrote in message:

http://www.repairfaq.org/ELE/F_Car_Battery.html
just some background for you........
scroll to number 12 to answer your original question that started the post.
~:~ MarshMonster ~sips his crown n coke.........wonders what the symptoms are....... oh well.......~ ~:~
Finally got the dealer to give me another battery.... this cured my problem. thank you and Merry Christmas