trailer brake control

Recently bought a 2000 GMC 3500 with 5.7 vortex engine. Nice truck, but does not have brake control valve. Sometime back I was browsing this newsgroup and someone asked about
installing a brake control. The reply was be sure and get the specific control for your truck so you won't have to splice any wires. Does anyone know of a control I can buy for this truck that will not require cutting and splicing wires to install? Thanks Charles
charles bridges wrote:

Get the Tekonsha Prodigy about $120 needs plug in cables....
Make & Model year is Important as cable plugs vary by year !!
Parts: 1. Get the harness, something like this. http://www.tekonsha.com/bch3025.html 2. Get the controller, something like this. http://www.tekonsha.com/prodig.html 3. Get a Stud #2 fuse. Sorry I don't have the amperage rating. Installation: 4. Remove the cover that you always rest your left foot on while driving. 5. Connect one end of the harness here. 6. Mount the controller. 7. Connect the other end of the harness to the controller. 8. Replace the fuse blank for stud #2, with the fuse from #3.
You do have a 7-way connector by the bumper, right?
KenG
charles bridges wrote:

If you have the factory hitch then you should be already hard wired to your rv plug.Look in your owners manual under fuse panels....should be a small panel above steering column on left side.Remove the cover and you should see a female opening that says "trailer brakes"Your controller should plug in to this slot.When ordering your controller make shure and get a harness specifically for your truck.That would have to be hard wired to your controller unless you get a controller that has a male-male plug...then it plugs in to fuse panel and other end plugs in to controller....Sid

the dash)You will have to find and splice into the brake light wire. There should be 2 wires just dead ended under your master cylinder. The other end of these are behind the rear bumper. You can use them for the brake wire and for constant 12v if you just hook them up. I second the Prodigy controller. Excellent unit. Comes with good instructions.
try www.etrailer.com
old john