trailer brake controller on 98 GMC

Hi
Can someone tell me if there is anywhere to connect the cold side of the brake controller, other than to the stoplight switch? I would like to avoid spliceing wires, if possible.
Vehicle is 98 GMC 3500, with 5.7 engine.
Thanks Charles
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:56:02 -0400, "Charles"

You really need to splice it. The white brake wire can be found at bottom on big connector mounted on passanger side of steering colunm. Another option if you want to track it down is the the brake switch controls a relay coil for brake light and relay is under hood and you could splice out there. (BTW, you want small white wire on connector, not big one) ----------------- TheSnoMan.com