tranfer case help

i just got a 207c2 and it is sliping and it has oil in it. 88 s10 blazer 2.8 4 speed auto the tranfer has dextron 3 in it could this be wrong any one
please help me im new to this thank you
On Sun, 14 May 2006 11:46:05 -0700, "don breckwoldt"

A 207 cannot "slip" with making a lot of racket from chain jumping. How are you defining slipping? ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com
It is supposed to have Dextron in it. It is a chain and planetary T-case...I don't see that it could be slipping since there is nothing clutch-like in it. If the chain is jumping cogs then the case would blow.
When does the slippage occur?

when it is cold it works for about 3min then it does nothing could it be the transfer case vacuum switch is that the problem the trany was working good before this problem

On Mon, 15 May 2006 21:51:35 -0700, "don breckwoldt"

If it is a push button 4x4 system, it could be several things (this is why I asked if it was button or stiick) but for starter you might do while to check actuator on front axle as it is the same for both systems. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com
it is stick and im thinking of takeing it back out and putting a nother one in i have to get it to work i do not use 4x4 that much i just need it to get me back and forth to work thank you for your help by the way what is the differnt between the c1 to the c2

. . ==========don breckwoldt wrote:

========== Your transmission is slipping, not your transfer case.
m/o
~:~ MarshMonster ~:~
YEP THAT IT IS IT IS THE TRANS AND THANKS TO ALL THAT HELPED NOW TO GET A TRANS THAT WORKS WITH LITTLE MONEY LOL