Tranni pawl problems........91 S-10

About a year ago started having to rock the car slightly to get in and out of the P position. Dropped the pan and couldn't see any obvious problems (no bent rod or
linkage)
Now it's so bad that once I've had to block the front tires, jack up the rear end and spin the tires after becommin locked in P, so I don't use P any mo....(which may be a problem in San Francisco)
any suggestions? ken