Trans fluid flush or drain?

Reply to
Joe Poitras

do these same 'mechanics' also advocate changing engine oil without changing the filter ?

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

~~ (with evidence that he believes everything he is told......)

"Brandon Buckner" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (which caused Gary's legs to start kicking... rolling him and the creeper from under the vehical and across the shop floor .... screaming this.......) On Tue, Oct 7, 2003, 2:04pm (CDT+5) ... snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (Gary=A0Glaenzer)

do these same 'mechanics' also advocate changing engine oil without changing the filter ?

gary ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never trust a mechanic to do a Technicians job, especially when they aren't qualified in the field they're giving advice on!!

Scrib Abell (technician)

~:~ wonders if he should have all the electrical replaced in his house.........because the landscaper said he should~:~

Reply to
Scribb Abell

Just for my information, can you tell what is the offical distinction(s) between "mechanics" and "technicans"?

John (Barn yard Mechanic and beer drinking technican)

Reply to
john

Have you ever seen a tranny "filter" It is nothing more than a piece of gauze like substance. When they do a flush, the machine will indicate and abnormal resistance, that would indicate restrictions in the filter and should replace it. The ability for a tranny filter to filter out any small particles like an oil filter is laughable. It is really only there if you do have a problem in a tranny, that it won't inject pieces of stuff all throughout your tranny.

Reply to
Joe Poitras

yes, I see them every day, when I rebuild them

you really need to cut one open, and look at the inside

that way, you won't appear to be as much of a horse's ass whn you open your big mouth

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Re: Trans fluid flush or drain? Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Tue, Oct 7, 2003, 6:58pm (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (Gary=A0Glaenzer)

yes, I see them every day, when I rebuild them

you really need to cut one open, and look at the inside

that way, you won't appear to be as much of a horse's ass whn you open your big mouth ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ Joe, do you need to borrow a "port-a-power" to wedge that foot out your mouth?

Scrib Abell tranny tech

Reply to
Scribb Abell

~ Scribb Abell wrote: Never trust a mechanic to do a Technicians job, especially when they aren't qualified in the field they're giving advice on!!

Scrib Abell (technician) ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ Just for my information, can you tell what is the offical distinction(s) between "mechanics" and "technicans"?

John (Barn yard Mechanic and beer drinking technican) ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

John, one of the most notable differences is..... a technician works in a well equipped shop... not a barn.

hope that helps clarify it just a bit......

if not....read the thread, and take a look at Gary's response to Joe's helpfull input.

a tech knows what he's talking about

Scrib Abell technician ~:~answering the questions asked~:~

Reply to
Scribb Abell

Somehow,on Tue, 7 Oct 2003 14:58:03 -0500 (CDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Scribb Abell) managed to spout out:

and in a different thread, you are/were a bodyman...

< plonk >

(killfiles are great, aren't they?)

Mike `02 Silverado 2500HD

Reply to
Janitor Boy Jr

Ok, well how about a "mechanic" in a "well equipped shop". Can I trust one of those creatures?

Reply to
john

Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Tue, Oct 7, 2003, 6:58pm (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (Gary Glaenzer)

yes, I see them every day, when I rebuild them

you really need to cut one open, and look at the inside

that way, you won't appear to be as much of a horse's ass whn you open your big mouth ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ Joe, do you need to borrow a "port-a-power" to wedge that foot out your mouth?

Scrib Abell tranny tech

Reply to
Joe Poitras

Bunghole,

It always helps to lurk (aka READ) a newsgroup for a few days or even weeks before posting; that way you know who the professional transmission rebuilders in the group are before you insult them.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Uhhhh, he already appears to be a pretty effin' big ass G...............I don't think cutting open an AT filter will change that much...........

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

What credentials do you have?

Reply to
Joe Poitras
~

Re: Trans fluid flush or drain?..technicians...

~~ ~~ snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Scribb Abell) managed to spout out:

Scrib Abell technician ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ apparently not knowing who he was talking to, or perhaps just inquistitve.... (Janitor=A0Boy=A0Jr) spewed forth this question for Scrib.....

and in a different thread, you are/were a bodyman...

< plonk >

(killfiles are great, aren't they?) Mike `02 Silverado 2500HD ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ which pried ole Scrib away from the pot of boiling shroom juice long enough to reply....

yes.....3rd generation

Scribs Abell (are you) ~

Reply to
Scribb Abell

~~~~~~~~~~~ John started an off-topic insert with.....

Just for my information, can you tell what is the offical distinction(s) between "mechanics" and "technicans"?

John (Barn yard Mechanic and beer drinking technican) ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ (scrib informs john.....)

John, =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0one of the most notable differences is..... a technician works in a well equipped shop... not a barn.

hope that helps clarify it just a bit......

scrib abell ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ (john asks scrib....)

Ok, well how about a "mechanic" in a "well equipped shop". Can I trust one of those creatures?

Reply to
Scribb Abell

you really need to cut one open, and look at the inside

that way, you won't appear to be as much of a horse's ass whn you open your big mouth ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ Joe, =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0do you need to borrow a "port-a-power" to wedge that foot out your mouth?

Scrib Abell tranny tech ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Tue, Oct 7, 2003, 5:41pm (CDT-1) From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Joe=A0Poitras)

Well, GENIUSES, can you please tell me the micron filtration of the said filter? ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

Joe, Yes I can.

scrib abell ~:~wonders why Joe needs to know....maybe Joe's thunk'n he'll change his views and opinions if HE'S BETTER INFORMED...~:~ ~

Reply to
Scribb Abell

~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ From: snipped-for-privacy@noway.com (Doc)

Bunghole,

It always helps to lurk (aka READ) a newsgroup for a few days or even weeks before posting; that way you know who the professional transmission rebuilders in the group are before you insult them.

Doc ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ DOC !!!!

lmao....Doc said bunghole.....

scrib abell ~:~ gives the handle on the "port-a-power" another little pump...wider...wider....~:~ ~

Reply to
Scribb Abell

Joe, Yes I can.

scrib abell ~:~wonders why Joe needs to know....maybe Joe's thunk'n he'll change his views and opinions if HE'S BETTER INFORMED...~:~ ~ Actually , yes I do change my oppinions based on fact. Of course it is always a great idea to change the filter every time, but it is also a great idea to change and flush your brake system every 2 years. That I also do. I am only saying that in the case of the GM throw away transmissions that don't have a proper filter that a professional flush is just as good as a shadetree mechanic changing filter and only half the fluid, unless you have reason to believe there has been excessive wear, due to abuse or burnt fluid. I have consulted a half dozen journeyman mechanics who have told me this same information.

Now, if all you can do is throw mindless insults at me, rather than facts, than I guess I know what a transmission technician is.

Reply to
Joe Poitras

Somehow,on Wed, 8 Oct 2003 14:29:33 -0600, "Joe Poitras" managed to spout out:

Mike `02 Silverado 2500HD

Reply to
Janitor Boy Jr