Trans fluid flush or drain?

~ Joe chunked a question out into the open air.. asking if the "Geniouses" (his words) could tell him the micron size of a tranny filter.... getting this reply out of Scrib Abell..... ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ Joe, =A0=A0=A0=A0Yes I can.

scrib abell ~:~wonders why Joe needs to know....maybe Joe's thunk'n he'll change his views and opinions if HE'S BETTER INFORMED...~:~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Joe=A0Poitras) writes.....

Actually , yes I do change my oppinions based on fact.

Of course it is always a great idea to change the filter every time, but it is also a great idea to change and flush your brake system every

2 years. That I also do. I am only saying that in the case of the GM throw away transmissions that don't have a proper filter that a professional flush is just as good as a shadetree mechanic changing filter and only half the fluid, unless you have reason to believe there has been excessive wear, due to abuse or burnt fluid. I have consulted a half dozen journeyman mechanics who have told me this same information.

Now, if all you can do is throw mindless insults at me, rather than facts, than I guess I know what a transmission technician is. ~ ~ Yoe....Joe....you were doing quite well there untill that last statement.

What's the deal dude??.....your question was answered. Seems to me.....your the one being a bit disparaging....but then I'm going by reading the content of the entire thread.

Maybe I missed something.......

Hold on a sec.....I'll go read it all over again..... . . . . . . . . . . NOPE....... I read it all again.......and you were definately in the wrong there Joe. You told a guy that tranny filter was no more that a piece "gauze" Joe!!

That sure sounded like misinformation to me Joe.

and ......Scrib did answer....the question you asked.

Hey Joe....... maybe you jest ask'n the wrong questions for the answers your wanting. Me personally, if I wanted the micron size of a tranny filter...

I would ask something like.... "What is the micron size of a tranny filter?"....

and maybe I would add on something along the lines of.....

"I apologize for being so assuming, in that I gave out misinformation in a subject that I am not qualified to be expert in".......

and maybe Joe....I would also have added....

"I apologize to the experts in the tranny field for stepping on their toes with my big arse clumsy feet, and if the experts could help me learn more about what I'm opening my farking mouth about ....I would appreciate it"

but that's jest me Joe...... you continue to do things your way.... I'm sure it works for you.

jest try'n to help Joe get what he needs...

ooops.....wants..

Marsh Monster ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

If one doesn't go this route, is the new flushing technique safe?

Hatt

Reply to
DJ Hatt

How does one drain all the fluid left inside the torque convertor. Doesn't that still hold a few quarts even after totally draining from the pan?

Doc ////////////////

From: snipped-for-privacy@lycosSPAM.com (DJ=A0Hatt)

If one doesn't go this route, is the new flushing technique safe?

Do yourself a favor and use the age-old, tried and true, technique for your tranny services.

I can't answer for Gary, but even bringing the topic up in a Tranny Seminar full of tranny guys is a sure way to get a lot of smiling faces on the crowd.

Trans flush's are a definate direct cause of .... "Sudden Failure Syndrome" on transmissions that haven't been serviced regularly and have a fair amount of mileage on them.

jest fer sheets and geegles.....call as many tranny shops in your area as you can..... and see how many offer trans flushing, as compared to auto repair facilities that don't rebuild transmissions for a living...........

that may help drive home the point.

jmo

marsh monster .

Reply to