Trans Problems

I have a 98 chevy 1500 4x4 and reverse just quit working this morning, then later it drags the shift out between 1st and 2nd and the service engine soon light came on. any clues?

Reply to
thejoker671

Pull the code from the computer...

Reply to
Shades

Have you checked the level of the trans. fluid?

Reply to
Ed H.

trans fluid was about a pint low

Reply to
thejoker671

Did you pull the computer codes?

Reply to
Shades

not yet have to come up with an obd2 reader

Shades (at dot) wrote:

Reply to
thejoker671

sounds like a broken sun shell to me not to hard to repair after trans is removed

Reply to
The Jones'