Trans Problems

I have a 98 chevy 1500 4x4 and reverse just quit working this morning, then later it drags the shift out between 1st and 2nd and the service engine soon light came on. any clues?

Pull the code from the computer...

Have you checked the level of the trans. fluid?

Ed H. wrote:

trans fluid was about a pint low
Did you pull the computer codes?

not yet have to come up with an obd2 reader
Shades (at dot) wrote:

sounds like a broken sun shell to me not to hard to repair after trans is removed