Transfer Case Noise

I'm getting a pretty loud whining noise when I engage 4hi in my 93 Silverado...It hasn't done this forever, just recently. I haven't used it since I heard it just in case It was something that could kill it. Any ideas? I'm gonna have the fluids all done soon, so I should have a better look at it by then.

Ed Murray

Reply to
Crooked-Ridez

the first thing that comes to mind is to check the fluid levels. the front diff can get loud as hell when it's low on 90wt. it's also not that easy to differentiate it from the xfer case.

HTH, Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase