Transfer case oil

I have a 1994 Silverado 4x4,350,automatic. What is the best oil to use for transfer Case and rear end oil (373) REAR?? I want to change them both before winter.
What is the best trannie filter for this truck too??
Thanks in Advance Doug
The transfer case oil should be 90w 140 I think, and the rear end is the same, as for the filter any filter would be better than the old one.

Guess again, the Tcase uses ATF fluid and has since early 80's, not gear oil. For rear axle you can use 75w90 or 80w90 conventional gear oil as it will flow a bit better in cold weather that 75w140 or 85w140 (with multigrade oil they check viscosity at fixed low temp and a fixed high anf no where in between.) In front GM spec 80w90 unless it is below zero a lot (then use 75w90) because the spider gears are always turning in that axle so they what a little more protection/oil thickness at startup and it is warmed somewhat by engine too.
Adam wrote:

--

www.thesnoman.com

D-farr wrote:

Mobil makes SYN ATF fluid but unless you live were it gets well below zero a lot, you are really not gaining anything. I would change the fluids agin since you got the truck used so you know first had were everything is "at"
--

www.thesnoman.com