Transfer case rattle?

Hi..I have a 03 Silverado Z71 with about 95000 km on it. About a month ago I had a nasty grinding noise coming from my transfer case periodically. I took it into my dealer and it turned out to be my
electric 4x4 switch malfunctioning. I guess its a common thing, it was putting it into 4 hi and 4 low whenever it wanted. So, that was all fixed and I was happy but now, when I go over cracks or small bumps in the road I can still hear a rattle coming from what sounds to me like the transfer case area? Could something be loose inside? I crawled under the truck and was playing with the driveshaft but can't notice anything. And now today when I went over a small bump I heard the rattle noise and then that same grinding noise until I stopped the truck. It sounds to me like the rattle or loose parts noise is related to the grinding? Any thoughts on this? thanks

If it was trying to go into gear and grinding it was causing a llot of strain and chipping of small bits of metal into oil every dtime is did it. These would go through bearing and loosen things up with added wear. I suggest that you change fluid now and si if it helps but the damage may be done now and you will have to live with it or have it gone through. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com