Transfer output shaft seal leak

Our 1992 4X4 2500 has a leaky seal on the transfer output shaft (according to the dealer). We're currently in Seattle but are heading back to Detroit (where I can get the work done cheaper) pulling a small
5th wheel trailer. It's a very slow leak, maybe 2 or 3 drops in 24 hours. My question is will it hold until we can get back to Detroit or should we have the work done here in expensive Seattle? Any ideas how much it should cost to get the work done? Thanks for any advise you can provide!

My crystal ball is unclear as to how long it will take to lose a dangerous amount of lubricant, but if it were me, I'd wait till I got home. I'd probably eyeball it a few times on the way, though, to make sure it hasn't gotten worse.
Dave
i agree with the other post and drive home. Just be easy and check it at a stop to see if it is pouring out. should not. just will slowly get worse. old john

Yes I would not be concerned because a few drops a day can lok like a lot bigger mess than it is. As long as you can take out the fill plug and reach a finger in there and find some fluid it your reach, you are quite safe. Even if you are 1/2 quart low it is not going to burn out on you. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com