Transmission

Sorry for this stupid question but there has been an awful lot of talk on transmissions on this newsgroup and I was wondering how to tell what type of
transmission I have in my truck. I cant find it in the owners manual. I have a 2003 2500HD 6.0L automatic. Thanks for the reply's and sorry for the stupid newbie question.
Chuck K. Canton, MI
cant help ya chuck, BUT want to say this, there is NO stupid question. i have learned alot from these fine folks here, just by reading post. so please dont think your question is stupid.
Now this man's question may not be stupid, but to say there are NO stupid questions may be politically correct....but stupid.

of
have
Most likely the 4L80e, which is the GOOD transmission!
Doc

\"Doc\" wrote:

Yeah, if it's an auto, it's the '80. Tall first gear, but they're rated pretty damn high for stock.
I don't think the Allison is available behind anything other than the 8.1 or D-max.
-marc