transmission cooler line replacement question

The line going into the transmission cooler on my 91 suburban has had a hole rubbed into it by another metal line. The dealer says they cant get factory parts for transmission lines after a truck is 5 years
old or so. Is the flexible hose that is in JC Whitney catalog for transmission cooler application a ok thing to use or should I scour the junk yards in my state for a metal line like what's on it now?? thanks, barry
It'll cost some money but a good shop can bend a metal line to replace the one you have...
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:31:56 -0700, bumblebee

if it's just a hole, cut out the very short piece containing the hole and use a compression union

just go to your auto part store and get some straight transmission line. then get a tubeing bender. take off the old lines and bent it identicaly to the old ones except for where it has the hold. bend that part so it won't rub. just to let u know this is probly then cheapest(besides the compression fitting) way but also the longest