transmission fluid

So can someone suggest a good automatic transmission fluid? Is there a difference between Wal Mart brand oil to a well known brand?

transmission fluid is a fancy name for 10W hydraulic fluid with pink dye, same for power-steering fluid. A autoshift transmission is basically a hydraulic pump and hydraulic motor combined w/a gear case, some "tranny fluids" are better than others but only because of the addition of special additives. You can waste your money on Redline or B&M fluids but for the most part just get the off the fluid that was factory recommended such as Dexron II, III or IV with or w/o Mercon (whatever the hell that is). -- Mad Dog

Wal Mart fluids are made by"
Quaker State, which is now owned by Pennzoil.
Both refined and bottled at the same place, in Pa. Same additives and a fine product!
Refinish King

You may note, the bottle no longer says, "Made from Pennsylvania based crude oil".
To respond via e-mail, simply take the, "REMOVEXX" out of my return e-mail address.
Pika wrote:

Mobil 1. Synthetic oils handle heat better than traditional oils & auto trannys live to generate heat. 227,000 miles on a '95 Z71 4L60E tells me to keep using it.

In my opinion, the best ATF available is AMSOIL synthetic ATF. Yes, there can be substantial differences in the performance of various brands of ATF, just as there are substantial differences in the performance of various brands of cars. :-)
All the Best, Steve 15 year independent AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants Dealer Offering wholesale prices to all Dealerships available E-mail me for details
To respond via e-mail, simply take the, "REMOVEXX" out of my return e-mail address.