transmission fluid change

At how many miles is the best time I should change my transmission fluid in my 2002 Trailblazer and while changing it should I change the screen or filter under the pan it has one? I
it feels like my mileage is dropping so if there any other things to change beside motor oil or Air filter
Thank you

in
change
Every 15,000 to 30,000 miles. Yes, change the filter when you change the fluid.
Doc

Then go home cuz you don't know the language... hehe (J/K)
-- "Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, then he who believes what is a wrong." - Thomas Jefferson Formerly: KJ the Lonely Grease Monkey

fluid

or
the
Oh come on. I've had worse grammar just because I was tired! N' lets not even talk about my "spelling". Jee-wiz.
-- "Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, then he who believes what is a wrong." - Thomas Jefferson Formerly: KJ the Lonely Grease Monkey

That depends on the kind of miles the vehicle is driven. If it is towing a heavy trailer, plowing, etc., then the ATF needs to be changed more often. If the vehicle see's relatively easy use, then a less vigorous change interval can be used. To determine which you need, read your vehicles owners manual and also pull the dipstick for the transmission and look at the fluid, as well as smell it. Good ATF will have a pinkish/reddish color to it, whereas worn out ATF will be much darker in color and smell burnt.

When you say, "feels", like the vehicles MPG's are dropping, how do you mean?
For maximum fuel economy, I would recommend AMSOIL synthetics throughout the drivetrain. My daily driven 1989 Buick Park Ave equipped with the Buick 3.8 litre V-6 engine used to deliver 32.617 mpg on the highway and when I switched it over to AMSOIL synthetic motor oil, the fuel economy skyrocketed to 37.667 mpg. Not bad at all. :-)
All the Best, Steve 15 year independent AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants Dealer Offering wholesale prices to all Dealerships available E-mail me for details
To respond via e-mail, simply take the, "REMOVEXX" out of my return e-mail address.

in
towing a

If
interval can