Transmission fluid viscosity

Hello, my wife and i recently bought an 82 Blazer, ex-military( still in camouflage paint scheme) and hauled our trailer to Spain...after a comedy of errors trying to order an oil filter, im now being asked by the oil and transmission change place to find out the viscosity needed for the transmission fluid....I called the dealer i bought the truck from in the UK and he said just standard ATF, with Bexron2 being the brand he uses. I related this to the hombre at AutoPoint and he insisted that i needed the viscosity.......so could someone please help me....asap please as they close in 4 1/2 hrs and i've been waiting a week :)

Reply to
Earth Monkey

I wasn't aware that there were any viscosity ratings on Dexron II transmission fluid or on Type F either. Maybe the service tech is thinking of a standard transmission and not an automatic (or the Europeans may give ratings to their trans, fluid). Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Mon, May 8, 2006, 10:29am (EDT+4) From: u21641@uwe (Earth=A0Monkey) Hello, my wife and i recently bought an 82 Blazer, ex-military( still in camouflage paint scheme) and hauled our trailer to Spain...after a comedy of errors trying to order an oil filter, im now being asked by the oil and transmission change place to find out the viscosity needed for the transmission fluid....I called the dealer i bought the truck from in the UK and he said just standard ATF, with Bexron2 being the brand he uses. I related this to the hombre at AutoPoint and he insisted that i needed the viscosity.......so could someone please help me....asap please as they close in 4 1/2 hrs and i've been waiting a week :)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "Sometimes, when you're up to your butt in alligators, it's hard to remember that the intial objective was to drain the swamp." ~ Unknown ~

Reply to
Rich B

It is Dexron II transmission fluid. No viscosity rating. It DOES NOT use standard oil. Tell them it is the same fluid used in other GM automatic transmissions of those same years.

Reply to
Steve W.