transmission line removal

can someone please tell me how to remove tranny lines on 1998 chev 1500 4x4 auto w/4.3 v6.do they thread on,or on with the clips?thanks

danc1947 wrote:

there is a tiny clip. Instead of trying pliers and hanging one go ping across the driveway like I did, drive down to sears and buy the clip tool. Its made my lisle in a white and red package, its like 8 round white plastic parts you slide them on the line then turn to unclip.

============ ============
I use a "scribe" .....aka "pick" and a magnet.
Use a scribe to run around the "groove" that the clip rides in, untill you snag the end of the horseshoe shaped clipped. Gently give a pull on the clip untill it starts to come out. Using a telescopeing magnet to set down on the clip while you're pulling it off eliminates the clip from flying across the street. Once you snag the end of the clip, it will come out fairly easily.
Clean the line fitting good before you start, and giveing it a shot of penetrating oil helps if it seems stuck.
GL...................
~:~ MarshMonster ~takes a toke..............mmmmmmm........good stuff~ ~:~

http://www.snyder-mfg.com/jiffytitePage.htm
These work excellent

================= =================
No they don't.
Not on tranny lines.
I've tried them several times...........i'll send you 2 if you want'em. They're useless on trannylines if you're doing those particuler lines EVERYDAY. The pick works MUCH faster job to job......and there's no cussing or wiggling or wondering if the clip has been engaged, and why the line won't come out. If you're takeing these lines off EVERYDAY......you learn quick....those particuler quick disconect tools are more frustration than one man needs. But......I was fool enough to buy'em....and try'em.
Another tool just lay'n in the bottom of a drawer.
A scribe is by far.......the most proficient way to go on this one.
~:~ marsh ~takes a toke.......~ ~:~
In article < snipped-for-privacy@x69g2000hsx.googlegroups.co m>,

They work fine for me and three other shops that borrow them from me .
However; they don't work worth a shit on bubble flare fittings. ;-)~

=========== ============
yeah..yeah..yeah........
lol.........i caught it.....lol
anywhoooo...........
wtf are you doin lending out tools that are inexpensive enough that the OTHER shops should have them in the first place???
and........ if you try that pick and magnet deal........you'll likely never use that tool again.
~:~ marsh ~takes a sip of his shroomtea~ ~:~
In article < snipped-for-privacy@i3g2000hsf.googlegroups.com

Takes a ribbing and keeps on posting... (there's hope for you Marshy)

We help each other out when we can, borrow tools, manuals, shag rides to the alignment shop. I have keys for their shops, they have keys for my shop so if something is needed after hours or on a weekend... Doesn't work with everyone.

Done it both ways, for years before I bought the tool set. if you over stretch the clip picking it out with a pick and pop a line loose down the road, you get a little skittish after that. DAMHIKT =8-(