Transmission not shifting

I have a 95 k1500 4x4 and when it gets cold outside i cant get the transmission to shift. The truck will be stuck in 3rd gear. I can manually shift it down but it wont go to overdrive. After the truck warms up i can
turn it off and then restart it then the transmission will work properly. Could it be a bad wiring connection to the transmission and does anyone know which wires i would be looking for? The truck has worked flawlessly all summer but is now starting to act up again. Thanks
. . . . snipped-for-privacy@email.com (Rob) writes in..........
I have a 95 k1500 4x4 and when it gets cold outside i cant get the transmission to shift.
The truck will be stuck in 3rd gear. I can manually shift it down but it wont go to overdrive. After the truck warms up i can turn it off and then restart it then the transmission will work properly.
Could it be a bad wiring connection to the transmission and does anyone know which wires i would be looking for?
The truck has worked flawlessly all summer but is now starting to act up again.
Thanks ============== I will defer to Gary G.....
but that acting up "AGAIN" part sounds like yer leav'n something out about the trannies shifting history.
have you thought about haveing it flushed?
or....
an additive?
scrib abell ~wonders~ ==========================
he's losing power to the shift solenoids
probably a bad ignition switch
in message (Rob)

. . I do beleive there's a bulletin out on that.
scrib abell ======= ======= snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (GaryGlaenzer)
he's losing power to the shift solenoids
probably a bad ignition switch
. . . snipped-for-privacy@email.com (Rob) writes in.......... I have a 95 k1500 4x4 and when it gets cold outside i cant get the transmission to shift. The truck will be stuck in 3rd gear. I can manually shift it down but it wont go to overdrive. After the truck warms up i can turn it off and then restart it then the transmission will work properly. Could it be a bad wiring connection to the transmission and does anyone know which wires i would be looking for? The truck has worked flawlessly all summer but is now starting to act up again. Thanks ======== ======== I will defer to Gary G..... but that acting up "AGAIN" part sounds like yer leav'n something out about the trannies shifting history. have you thought about haveing it flushed? or.... an additive? scrib abell ~wonders~ ============== ==============
yes, and also an aftermarket fix, that uses a relay to power the solenoids, the relay is powered by another section of the switch that isn't burnt up
in message (Rob) writes in.......... I have a 95 k1500 4x4 and when it gets cold outside i cant get the transmission to shift. The truck will be stuck in 3rd gear. I can manually shift it down but it wont go to overdrive. After the truck warms up i can turn it off and then restart it then the transmission will work properly. Could it be a bad wiring connection to the transmission and does anyone know which wires i would be looking for? The truck has worked flawlessly all summer but is now starting to act up again. Thanks ==============I will defer to Gary G..... but that acting up "AGAIN" part sounds like yer leav'n something out about the trannies shifting history. have you thought about haveing it flushed? or.... an additive? scrib abell ~wonders~ ==========================
Thanks for all the input. I will check out the switch and aftermarket fix
(Rob)

Wonder why that would be affected by the cold? Aren't flushes supposed to be bad Gary?
(Rob)

. . . . Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Mon, Oct 27, 2003, 8:28pm (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (GaryGlaenzer)
yes, and also an aftermarket fix, that uses a relay to power the solenoids, the relay is powered by another section of the switch that isn't burnt up
and it's a simple tie in at the junction box under the hood....
r&r 101
scrib abell ~:~