Transmission oil cooler line fittings

'95 K2500 6.5 TD/4L80E

I am wanting to remove an OEM 48 plate cooler and replace with an OEM 72 plate cooler, but it appears the lines are different, unless I am looking at this thing wrong. The new cooler (72) has 1/4" NPT threads going into it. However, I am not sure what size the lines are on the existing cooler. They seem to have some sort of bushing with a spring clip on it before threading up into the cooler body.

anyone had one of these apart before that can tell me what all the thread sizes are? I am trying to avoid cutting any lines and would like to maintain factory appearance and reliability of the steel lines full length.

Thanks in advance, Snowman

Reply to
Snowman

Snowman see my posting on alt.trucks.chevy of July 20th on transmission line removal. It appears you pry the spring clip out and the fittings come apart. In one of the replies there's a picture of the fitting.

Reply to
DonW