transmission pressure problems(Read this one)

in my 93 jimmy (4.3 liter), it shifts hard from first to second gear. Then all of the other gears are fine. I was told it could be a bad universal joint, but thats not it. Today i got the transmission pressure checked,
and it was high. I think there is a computer in there for the pressure, but im not sure. I was told it could be that or something else in the tranny. Any comments on this one? It would be highly appreciated.
Ok I have the same damn problem, called my rebuilder he told me w/ the truck off and in park. slam the gas peddle repeatadly a dozen times. This will "piston" the cable on the throttle body and if a particle is hung in it free it. Seems this cable (almost like an old fashion kick down cable) is prone to jamming up if it gets dirty. This is the more common cause.
It did not fix mine but, worked on a friends. I have a feeeling its either an adjustment inside the trans or the converter, I will be hauling it back under warranty for them to check.

it may be getting dirty like you said. Its an old truck with the origional transmission in it. Im thinking of getting the tranny flushed to see if that could possibly fix anything. Then if thats not it, im just gonna hope it don't go bad.
Well mine is in the shop now, we thought it was something simple as it was just rebuilt 6 months ago. Turns out, something plugged up an oil hole and no oil got to the bands and I lost 2nd gear or so it goes, so now, they are doing a complete rebuild again, this time on their dollar.

that sucks. But at least its gonna be fixed. Did you bring your truck in to get it checked, or did the part go bad. Im hope there is nothing broken in my tranny and i don't know about it. I don't want to put stress on any other parts. I should be getting mine checked within the next week or so
JimmyVortex wrote:

Jimmy, This is a very common problem with the jimmy/blazer 4L60 transmissions. Most common cause is the TCC Valve. The need to rebore the valve body with a kit, the most common being from Sonnax. Most repectable transmission shop is very familar with this problem and the fix. It cost anywhere from $200 to $400 which is better than the cost of a rebuild
im glad to hear $200-$400. The only thing i don't want to hear is a rebuilt tranny. Not everyone has money for that. I have another question, do you think a 93 jimmy with some new parts in it will hold up for a while? My main concern is how long can the vortec engine last?
JimmyVortex wrote:

Jim The gm 4.3L vortec is a good solid engine. If maintained will give you years of use. Go up to the following forum and you can learn many things about this engine. The forum is for blazers, but the jimmy and blazer are basically the same vehicle.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f 9
Butch
ill have to go check those out. Thanks for the post