Transmission problem

97 Chevrolet k1500 4x4 I was driving today when suddenly it stopped Pulling. When i let it go on idle speed it run's forward, but when i hit the gas throttle, the engine runs normal but it seems like the transmission slips.
When i let i stand still four a while too cool down, it works four a short time, then it is the same again. So the engine is ok, But it is something whit the automatic transmission.
Any ideas Sorry about the bad writing but my English aint the best
K. Ljoner Norway
www.chevrolet-z71.com
I take you checked the automatic transmission fluid level. Wayne

The oil level is ok, but it is possiblethat the oil is burned. It smells bad. The car has a supercharger(380hp) so maybe the transmission oil should be changed. The transmission is set up by a company in Norway too take up too 1500hp
K.Ljoner

On Wed, 10 May 2006 22:24:16 +0200, "Kjell Ljner"

I question the "rating" of it but not the problem. Sounds like you cooked the tranny from not enough cooling or too much power and too tall a gears. If it is supercharged to make up for big tires with tall gears that is VERY hard on tranny! ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com

Burnt smelling transmission fluid is the first sign of real problems in an automatic transmission. Once you run the tranny hot enough to burn the fluid, you've probably done some serious damage as heat is foremost enemy to any auto transmisison.