transmission question

1997 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 4l60e running perfect making merge on freeway got to 50mph lost accelleration engine running fine, but feels like there is no transmission
coasted to side. checked fluid, fine, up to level and nice and red no metal in fluid no leaks underneath no codes on engine computer no flashing lights tried to engage 4wd. 4wd light lit up, but no change truck won't move put it back into 2wd. light lit up. no move
before I go to the mercy of a transmission shop anything I should look for or check? Could it be the transfer case? Somethin in the electronic 4wd shift gizmo? What to look for or check?

Converter failure is the first thing that comes to mind, given the rest of your description.
Borked Psuedo Mailed wrote:

Took the trans out and apart. The pump was trashed. Time for a rebuilt.
Anyone got any opinions on this?
1. Buy a rebuilt locally from an unknown transmission shop ($1200-1800 quotes), plus install.
2 Buy a rebuilt HD unit off EBay ($750-1200) plus install locally.
If you were rebuilding your trans, what parts would you use in the build considering the 383 stroker motor and the fact that the truck is primarily used as a tow vehicle (2500-9000 pounds).

If I was towing 9000 lbs regularly, I would try to trade the bad tranny for a 4l80e. Regards, JR
JR wrote:

Thought about that, but way too much work and cost.