TranSurgeon Transmission Coolers

http://www.bulkpart.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=CTGY&Store _Code=MDITP&Category_Code=TCCE
What do you think of the prices, of the fact that they have 1/2" NPT
connections?
or the prices here?
http://www.bulkpart.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=CTGY&Store _Code=MDITP&Category_Code=HCS
According to your wisdom I am planning on the two heavy duty tranny coolers in parallel, mainly because I plan on spankin' my tranny so I figure that I can't really over do it. The one on top looks nice because of the pip threads though!!
~KJ~
why go from pipe threads to hose to metal lines that's two transiitions per hose

http://www.bulkpart.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=CTGY&Store
http://www.bulkpart.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=CTGY&Store
coolers
Why couldn't I just use metal hose? I don't see the need for any hose, that's why it interests me.
~KJ~

http://www.bulkpart.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=CTGY&Store
http://www.bulkpart.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=CTGY&Store
that
vibration isolation
the same reason that there is a rubber hose between engine and radiator

http://www.bulkpart.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=CTGY&Store
http://www.bulkpart.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=CTGY&Store
Sounds good enough. Wondering why they didn't do something similar for the stock cooler?
~KJ~

http://www.bulkpart.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=CTGY&Store
http://www.bulkpart.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=CTGY&Store
pip
You could, you would just need brass adapters that go from NPT to reverse flare for the steel lines. One thing you might want to do if you use steel all the way to the front of the radiator (I assume that's where your putting it) is to make both lines into a loop just before going through the core support. That will help to keep vibration from fracturing a line. Just a thought as your adding a lot of length to the lines and they probably won't be clamped along a from section.
nospam

http://www.bulkpart.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=CTGY&Store
http://www.bulkpart.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=CTGY&Store
So basically like the loops in the brake line by the master cylinder?
~KJ~

http://www.bulkpart.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=CTGY&Store
http://www.bulkpart.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=CTGY&Store
pip
Yes, If you were to use solid lines you need some way to allow flex in the lines so they don't fractures.
nospam

http://www.bulkpart.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=CTGY&Store
NPT
http://www.bulkpart.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=CTGY&Store