Trip Odometer 98 Jimmy

All,
I have a 98 Jimmy w\90K miles. I just had a tune up, new distributor, new radiator, and new water pump. The truck overheated not too long ago. If
the truck sits for a while (8 to 10 hours) the trip odometer resets itself. My mechanic has no clue. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks Rick
Does your vehicle start hard? Do you lights go dim?
Doug

No. But I plan to get a new battery as my first step in troubleshooting.
I had the same problem with my 98 Blazer almost since it was new. (I bought it new in Dec 97). At the time the dealer said he would have to replace the unit. I lived with it rather then have then screw up the dashboard assembly. I let it go until the battery went about 2 years ago. Since I replaced the battery, I never had the problem again.

Thanks Duke.