Trouble in suburbia

Recently purchased 83 suburban heavy half with a fresh 4 in lift. My problem is that when I lock in the hubs and engage T-case the front drive line turns but i have no power to the front wheels. 4 hi or 4 lo
no power to front wheels. What causes this? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
First, leave the hubs in 'FREE' and pull the t-case lever into 4H, crawl underneeth and see if you can turn the front driveshaft. If you can, it might be a shift fork problem. Pull it into 4L and see if it drives the rears in low range. If not, definatly a shift fork in the t-case! If the front driveshaft doesn't turn in 4H(or 4L) then it will either be hubs not engaging ir gears blown, warn, or missing in the front pumpkin. Keep me up to date on what you findings are.

. . . Trouble in suburbia Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Thu, Oct 16, 2003, 11:07am (CDT-1) From: snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (MichelleSmith) Recently purchased 83 suburban heavy half with a fresh 4 in lift.
My problem is that when I lock in the hubs and engage T-case..........
the front drive line turns.........
but i have no power to the front wheels. 4 hi or 4 lo no power to front wheels.
What causes this?
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
===== ===== Answer to yer question........ somethings broke..busted..malfunctioning.. worn beyond functional specifications....stuck... frozen....popped out...stripped...missing.. gone.. been taken off.....assembled incorectly... been patched and now needs fix'n.....
which all come down to...improper maintenance
if the front drive SHAFT is turning..... i would suspect sticking of faulty hub assemblies first.
yer welcome
marsh monster ~answers the questions asked....and after a few drinks.....some that weren't~